Munster v Racing Semi Final – How To Get There
4th April 2018 By Munster Rugby Supporters Club
How to get to Bordeaux…
How to get to Bordeaux…
Flying From Ireland
Bordeaux Airport Information
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport is the international airport of Bordeaux, in south-western France. It is situated in the commune of Mérignac, 12 km west of Bordeaux, within the département of the Gironde. For more information around the Bordeaux airport please click the following link
Dublin – Bordeaux
All flights flying out of Dublin to Bordeaux on Saturday are sold out, so your options here are to leave on Friday from Dublin returning Sunday. Last flight out of Bordeaux on Sunday is 23:20. Return flights on Monday and Tuesday are also sold out, next flight back to Dublin is Wednesday @ 16.35
Cork – Bordeaux
Ryanair have announced a flight ex Cork for this game. Outbound flight leaves Cork on Friday @ 13:40 departure from Bordeaux on Monday @ 10:05
No direct flights from Shannon to Bordeaux – with exception of packages from Munster Sports Travel.
Other options are to fly into surrounding airports like, Paris, La Rochelle, Biarritz, and take the train/bus or hire a car to get to Bordeaux.
*Supporters are advised to check local news and train/bus websites as a French rail strike will be underway*
Getting To City Centre From Bordeaux Airport
Airport Shuttle Bus:
You can reach city centre by taking Navette Shuttle 30’ Direct which operates every day from the airport to the main train station, Gare de Bordeaux St. Jean.
- From the airport (exit 11)
- From St. Jean station
- NOTE: The schedules change depending on the season, in the high season buses usually operate until 23:00
- The price of a one-way ticket is 8€; ; people under 26 and seniors over 60 pay a reduced amount of 7€;
Another possibility of getting to the train station is by taking a local (and much cheaper!) bus line 1+ operated by TBM.
- First bus departs from the airport at 4:45 and the last one at 0:40 (1:20 on Fri, Sat and Sun)
- The single bus fare costs 1.50€;, but it is probably more convenient to buy 1 day ticket which costs 4.50€; (unlimited access for the day)
- The tickets can be purchased on vending machines, sales offices, or directly from driver
- Unlike 30 minutes which take for shuttle to reach city centre, with local takes a bit more – 55 minutes
If you don’t want to drag around your suitcases, there are taxis waiting for you outside the Arrivals Terminal, but be prepared for waiting in case you’re visiting during the summer. Make sure they have their taximeters on when you leave the airport so you don’t get overcharged. The average cost of the ride to Bordeaux is around €;30.
Renting A Car At Bordeaux Airport:
There are 10 companies in total which offer their services at the airport, all of them located at A-B Hall connecting wing. But if you want your car waiting for you when you arrive at the airport, then book it online.
Arriving The Day Of The Game?
There are 5 ways to get from Bordeaux Airport (BOD) to Stade Chaban Delmas by bus, tram, taxi, car or town car.
Looking For Accommodation?
The MRSC committee are currently working tirelessly to secure suitable meeting points along with value deals for MRSC members. More details on this will follow in the coming days.